Friday, February 12, 2016

The Perfect Iced Coffee

Hey Y'all! I don't know about y'all but I am a lover of strong coffee. I am that girl who's first thought in the morning is...Where is my coffee?! My favorite way to drink coffee is over ice with a splash of milk and lightly sweetened. When I started drinking iced coffee I searched for a great recipe but all the recipes I found were either not strong enough or I had to go through 10 steps to make the coffee. After several months of experimenting I found the perfect recipe!

Grab a bag of your favorite coffee brand and flavor (I personally love Starbucks Christmas blend or Eight O'clock Central Highlands blend) and some sugar and that's all you will need for this recipe.

Fill your coffee maker with water all the way up to the 10 mark line. Add a coffee filter. With a coffee scoop or a tablespoon add twenty scoops of delicious coffee to the filter...yes you read that right...twenty scoops! Press the brew button and wait for all that deliciousness to make its way into your coffee pot.

After you have a full pot of strong coffee pour into your favorite container (I prefer a cute glass container so it doesn't stain the container.) Add 4 tablespoons of sugar to the container and stir until melted. Now just refrigerate until chilled. That's it...it's that simple! Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar or the amount of coffee to suit your taste buds!

Once chilled, fill up your favorite glass with ice. Pour that beautiful dark coffee 3/4 of the way full and fill the rest of the glass with milk, half & half or creamer...whatever you feel like that day! Now sit back and enjoy!


Look at that beautiful glass of heaven. Ahh...I think I can hear angels singing! Happy Friday! Enjoy friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment